Production 6- Importing
Once I finished writing my feature article and editing my pictures, I had to import them into InDesign. I first started with my cover, using my storyboard as a guide to design it; I love how it turned out. Arranging the cover lines and masthead was my favorite part. Originally my second page was going to consist of popular trends content, including pictures of hair scarfs, bandana tops, purses, and hair clips. I used the software to stack the images and add headings and subtitles to the photos. The page looked somewhat blank with the simple white background, so I decided to add some light pink butterfly stickers to outline the page. In the end I decided to change it to be a table of contents page. I used the software to put together a grid of white and pink boxes, I chose a bold font and simplistic typography to emphasize the page numbers listed. The last thing to work on is my feature article design. I imported all the photos I will use and then start copy and pasting my feature article that I wrote beforehand. It was kind of difficult to organize all the paragraphs accordingly. Ultimately, it was an enjoyable task overall, designing and editing was fun to do.
Original Idea: New Idea:

Comments
Post a Comment