Storyboard

   When recounting my storyboarding experience, I realized while time-consuming it was not extremely difficult. At times the task became challenging; having to consider every possible detail, planning meticulously to ensure a high-quality final product was quite arduous. I did, however, find that I enjoy planning out the design and aesthetics of the magazine. Choosing a color scheme, typography, and photo placement was an entertaining endeavor. The storyboard truly helped me develop my concept, the visual element allowed me to actually see the changes I wanted to make. From this exercise I learned of the importance of effectively planning for a project beforehand. As Annemaree O'Brien explained, “the quality of the idea has a greatest impact on the quality of the final product” (O'Brien, 2005). This flexible method of comprehensive conceptualizing is an excellent way to formulate creative solutions. Throughout reading the article by James Higgins I discovered that while it may be a time-consuming process, they are especially helpful for generating alternatives and choosing among them (Higgins, 1995). Storyboarding allowed me to successfully address any complex issues I encountered during the development of my fashion magazine concept. 

   Looking back to my concept refinement I realized that some changes were made when I began working on my storyboard. For one, I noted that I altered the idea to have collage styled cover for the magazine, in the end I opted for having a single model displayed. The model depicted will be posing in the center with any text or headings surrounding her. I did choose to stick with the initial color scheme; however, the neutral earth tones of brown and nude aren’t necessarily incorporated as much as the pastel pinks and greens. My feature article will revolve around the issue of fast fashion and additionally how to play a role in preventing it. The main solution discussed will be encouraging the audience to shop locally. From there I will introduce two young female entrepreneurs. This article will also showcase a well-known thrift store, Plato’s Closet as a way to promote local shopping and helping the environment from the negative effects of fast fashion.  

 

 






  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review