Production 1- Feature Article Planning

 My feature article revolves around the topic of fast fashion and how to counter-act its negative effects. Two young female entrepreneurs will be introduced to explain how to bridge the gap between idea and action. From there, these young women’s small businesses will be discussed to further explore the benefits of shopping locally. The two ladies I have in mind are Kennedi Buchanan and Shayleen Palacios. Shay is the owner of Shays Closeta home-based business where she sells trendy thrifted clothing. She buys outfits from local thrift stores and then proceeds to sell them through her website for very cheap and affordable prices. Shay promotes her business through her Instagram, using social media as a platform is a powerful tool nowadays.  Kennedi on the other hand, realized that a great business opportunity presented itself during the pandemic. Now more than ever masks are in high demand and Kennedi made a strategic move to sell uniquely designed masks. The name of her local brand is Ken’s Kouture Masks. I have contacted both of these innovative girls and I will be meeting with them over break for exclusive interviews. The next interview I will be conducting is at Plato’s Closet. I will question an employee, asking if there has been an increase in sales since this movement of fast fashion prevention. I am also planning on attempting to contact an expert on the environmental effects of fast fashion to get a professional opinion.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review